Wednesday, March 05, 2008

East Coasting

I'm back in Midwestern territory - the beautiful city of Chicago - after more than a week on the East Coast. An extended week, I should say, since the experience was too fantastic to cut short and I ended up moving my flight.

While I already spent some time in New York, and enjoyed a considerable stay in New Jersey as well a few years ago, it's only gotten better. Perhaps the biggest reason I had such a grand time this time around was the company I kept (although of course the last time was spent with fabulous friends too). My sorority sister and fellow NY Bar candidate Leah, fellow Ilocana now Upper West Side resident (faaaabulous pad that took the edge off my pre-Bar stint whilst I crashed there); my fantabulous and ever-gorgeous college friend Viviene from Connecticut; Carlo from Queens, my good intercontinental friend who can work both Wall Street and E. Rodriguez with such grace and generosity; and of course my kumare and kumpare Stelle (shopping sister!!!) and Tim, my goddaughter Mikayla and the very warm and welcoming Tata and Dada Maulits from Jersey City. Ohmygosh, the reason I enjoyed the East Coast so very much was YOUR COMPANY. Thank you so very much, dear friends. God bless you all, you were such a contribution to my happiness the entire time I was over there. I am truly blessed to have you in my life. For sure, I'll be knocking on your doors again very soon :-)

1 comment:

Carlo said...

Likewise, I enjoy your company so much. I know it's been awhile since we had lunch or dinner together. If I can recall, we had Sunday brunch in Timog area 4 years ago. Also, just to remind you on March 17, 2004 (St Patrick's Day) you were at my townhouse blessing with your sister.