Sunday, August 05, 2007

What's Your Day Like?

"So what's your day like?" asked Lex on his way out, after picking up the keys to the "new Center" (semi-long story).

My Saturday schedule was full and in existence, and did not include spending the morning cleaning up the old space and moving stuff to the new one (somehow his question got me suspicious - sorry for my interpretation, dude!). "It's my parlor day, then I'm going to dinner, then meeting Miles for drinks." (Intention thwarted, mwaha!)

I then very quickly fell out of integrity by dozing off for the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon (remnants of jet lag and the very late post-leadership program session), only to be jolted awake by the sublime possibility of a decadent day of pampering at my favorite salon with my favorite team of beauty experts. My late arrival (properly acknowledged and apologized for) didn't seem to make their familiar welcome any less warm - in fact, all of them were up-to-date with the goings-on in my life...perhaps a little too updated (responsibility goes to Johanna, dear sister-in-arms and fellow salon habitue). And so the little pleasures of spending several hours with Bambi Navarro and his staff, whom I hadn't been with since my last session in May, ensued - pleasures denied whenever I'm out of the country for extended periods of time, head-to-toe treatment for less than $50 (plus an environment effervescent with flattery and healthy gossip, hee hee), the works! Double yum.

Sufficiently made beeeeyootiful again, I was then ready to meet up with a really beautiful person whom I love dearly - my sorority sister Marivic, my Paris companion and fellow travel-holic. It was hard to imagine that it had almost been five years since we last met up in person, and yet we'd kept in communication over time and it was just a matter of catching up. The bonus is that we finally got to create travel plans we'd been talking about for years - Europe and South America (a whole new plan in itself), here we come!

To cap off the evening, my best gal pal Miles and I (Ney missing in action, par for the course) had a couple of bottles of wine at a new tapas bar she'd wanted to check out, with, as always, a side of great conversation about life, love, and men (I guess Ney's absence was propitious after all!). My friendship with Miles has spanned more than 20 years, and yet our conversations never, ever run out of steam. Just like with my salon team and Marivic, I hadn't seen Miles for some time, and yet we very easily picked up where we left off. Separation from someone you love, as I was just reading in a book about relationship, is the opportunity to pursue your individual adventures in life, such that when you're together again, the foundation of your relationship is ever more strengthened and enlivened by each other's contribution. And I was truly contributed to (and vice versa, am pretty sure of that, heh heh!). A little giddy from the wine and wonderful conversations and realizations, I went to bed extremely, profoundly grateful.

So what was my day like? Pretty darned awesome, Lex, and very much blessed. :-)

No comments: