Thursday, June 28, 2007

Random Thoughts

I slept on a bar stool last night - literally. Or should I say, I slept using a bar stool as a pillow. And I had a pretty decent sleep 'til we left at 4 a.m. Guess I got good practice sleeping on office desks and election returns and whatever else was available as a pillow. And no, I wasn't in a bar.

Yesterday, I also got what commitment is about, as distinct from possibility - I'd apparently collapsed the two and took a good 30 minutes (an eternity, given my training) to distinguish and get off a brewing upset. Later on, "MMMM" made present to me that commitment is taking an action by a definite time; possibility has no due date. Aha. I got that.

I'm leaving for Chicago on Monday, a long overdue-twice postponed intention that I'm finally fulfilling on. Haven't packed a single thing yet, my although my pre-departure sched's bursting at the seams. Tonight a good friend called to tell me he'd be in the same city at the same time - two minutes away from where I'll be - but we'll only get to spend time with each other for one day before he flies out on the early morning of the 4th. Funny, we hardly ever see each other in Manila (at least in recent years) so this would be a great opportunity to explore the Windy City together and get some laughs in. Brings back fond memories of Van and Nelson in Paris and Larry in Manhattan.

Just some random thoughts. Might as well practice sentence construction and de-construction while I'm online.

No comments: