Sunday, October 22, 2006

Amazing Praise

Today I found myself, upon the invitation of a dearest sister-in-Christ, at a worship workshop. What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon...and who better else to spend it with (referring of course to the aforementioned sister, her future bridegroom, and several dozen worshippers! Plus a couple of dear familiar faces from my old worship ministry as an added bonus). Anyway, I was excited to come into communal worship after the last major space-clearing, and man, was I blown away!

Mela reminded me of how, once upon a time, I described my connection to my God as on a "broadband" level, an upgrade from "dial-up." But today, whoa, the network connection went off the scale - I was totally hooked, wired, fully connected! Rissa Singson, in her talk, also confirmed something I've only recently been experiencing in my prayer time: ever since the clearing of my relationship with Him, my early morning worship and prayer time has been much more profound and intense, albeit much shorter in length. Sometimes it takes only five minutes (from my usual 30-45 minutes), and my Lord and I "get" each other more powerfully and distinctly than if I'd spent an hour trying to get to Him.

And worship, finally, became really and truly about Him. When I used to lead worship, I'd be overly concerned about cues and appearance and melody and what to say, that I'd almost lose sight of Who worship is really about. But now I finally got it. Praise God! Woohoo!

No comments: